This Calculator calculates House Rent Allowance which is exempt from tax U/s. 10(13) of The Income Tax Act, 1961. The calculator is in excel format and it calculates the allowance which will be exempt from tax automatically.

It is to be noted that as per  CIRCULAR NO. 8/2013, Dated: Dated: October 10, 2013  if annual rent paid by the employee exceeds Rs 1,00,000 per annum, it is mandatory for the employee to report PAN of the landlord to the employer. In case the landlord does not have a PAN, a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employee. Also Read-Claiming HRA – What to do if landlord do not have PAN?

Download HRA CalculatorPranab Banerjee

Download HRA Calculator – Amit Kumar

Article was first published on 04.02.2013 and republised with amendments on 07.08.2015

Also Read :-

Posted Under

Category : Income Tax (20858)
Type : Articles (10788) Featured (3626)
  • Puneet

    I want to know ,if someone who is not getting any HRA component in His/her salary structure, then is he/she still can claim HRA exemption or not.

    If yes then what’s the procedure, how one can show in his final return,