1. Please use Ink Jet /Laser printer to print the ITR-V Form.
2. The ITR-V Form should be printed only in black ink.
3. Do not use any other ink option to print ITR V.
4. Use of Dot Matrix printer should be avoided.
5. Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
6. Please do not print any water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible watermark is that of “Income tax Department” which is printed automatically on each ITR V.
7. The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in original.
8. Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
9. The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on Bar code.
10. Bar code and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible.
11. Only A4 size white paper should be used.
12. Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper.
13. Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
14. Do not use stapler on ITR V acknowledgement.
15. In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
16. Please do not submit any annexures, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V.
17. The ITR-V form is required to be sent to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100, by ordinary post.
18. ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
CBDT Press Release
The Central Board of Direct Taxes had, vide circular No.3/2009 dated 21.05.2009, allowed assessees who file their income tax returns in electronic form without digital signature to submit their verified ITR-V form, within a period of 30 days, thereafter. The ITR-V form was required to be sent to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100, by ordinary post.
It has now been decided to extend the time limit for filing the ITR-V form by relaxing the stipulations in the circular dated 21.05.2009. The ITR-V form relating to returns which have been filed electronically (without digital signature) on or after 1st April, 2009 can now be filed on or before the 30th September, 2009 or within a period of 60 days of uploading of the electronic return data, whichever is later. The ITR-V should continue to be sent by ordinary post to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100.