What are the advantages of paying taxes online
1. You can pay taxes from any location at any time through your net-banking account.
2. Instant transfer of funds from your account.
3. What you write on the e-challan will be directly sent to Income Tax Department. Banks will not do any data entry.
4. You can save/print the challan copy and the receipt copy.
5. As soon as your Bank authorizes payment of the amount, you will receive a clear, legible receipt/counterfoil from your Bank.
6. Transaction id of the e-payment transaction will be available to you in your bank statement.
7. You can check online if your money has actually reached the I-T Department. For this you have to go to Tax Information Network Website: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/index.html and click the box CIN Based View