Join Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & GST Professionals
1. Login to the beta testing Portal https://www.prod.gst.gov.in and download Offline Utility.
2. Go to Downloads > Offline Utilities > Returns Offline Utility > Download button.
3. Unzip the downloaded Zip file which contain offline-utility.exe setup file, Sample_files folder, Readme.txt and User Manual
• offline-utility.exe setup file for the Offline Utility to be installed in the local machine (your computer).
• Sample_files folder which contains the excel template with some sample data which can be edited as per your requirements for importing data in the Offline Utility.
• A document “Readme.txt” explaining in detail the prerequisites (system and software requirements of the computer in which the Offline Utility is to be installed) for successful working of the Offline Utility.
Note: Ensure that the system requirements are met including the disk space of 50 MB.
• Invoice Upload Offline Utility User Manual to view the detailed steps and screenshots to upload the invoices through the Offline Utility.
4. Install the Offline Utility by double clicking the Offline Utility.exe set up file and browse the location where you want to store the Offline Utility files.
Note: Avoid installing the utility in the same location where you have saved the zipped files.
5. In the device Home Page, GST Offline Utility Logo (National Emblem) & Name of the app will appear.
6. Fill the invoice details in the Offline Utility manually or use sample templates.
The GST Offline Utility Logo will appear as shown below:
Important Note: – In case, User un-installs the utility and again re-installs the utility, he should re-install at the same location. In case, User re-installs the Utility on different location he has to restart the system so that utility refers to new location. If user will not restart the system offline utility tool will refer the old path and will not open the project.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Offline Utility, you can use any of the four options to upload the invoice data.
• Option 1: Manual Entry of Invoice Data
• Option 2: Copy and Paste from Excel Workbook
• Option 3: Import full Excel Workbook consisting of multiple sheets
• Option 4: Import the csv file
Read the Invoice Upload Offline Utility.pdf for detailed steps.
After generating the return file in json format through Offline Utility, login to the https://www.prod.gst.gov.in URL for uploading the invoices.
Ensure that you are connected to the Internet to upload the invoices.
After preparing return & once json file is generated, you need to login to the https://www.prod.gst.gov.in URL for which you need to have the Internet connection.
GST Portal doesn’t allow json file to be uploaded with file size more than 5 MB. Delete some invoices in order to generate the json with file size less than 5 MB. You can generate the file again with these deleted invoices to upload the same on the Portal.
Right click on the file and click on Properties. You can see the size of the generated json file.
You can add up to 19000 line items comprising of all the different sections like b2b and b2c (large) in an offline mode. This implies that there are several line items in an invoice, the number of invoices would be much less than 19000. You can upload them in one go on the portal using the Internet.
In case you have more invoice data, you can use the tool multiple times to generate the json file to upload the invoice data.
Filling of all sections is not mandatory. You can use the excel to enter data for selective sections also. Remaining sections can be kept as blank and the Offline Utility will take care of those sections.
You can check the status of the uploaded invoice details on the Portal once json file is uploaded post login. You can check the details of the invoices uploaded after 15-20 minutes in the GSTR-1 summary.
You can edit the invoices uploaded through Offline Utility in the GST Portal at any time.
Yes. You can generate multiple json files for a single tax period.
Maximum size of the json file is 5 MB.
You need to check that section wise all fields are filled properly without any error or omission. Utility will highlight fields having errors in RED colour.
For these 5 invoices, the validations already present in the Portal have failed and therefore these 5 invoices have been rejected.
For current beta testing, user can upload the data but cannot check the details of the rejected invoices. This facility will be available in future. Generally the invoices gets rejected due to following reasons:
a. Date is not in following format : DD/MM/YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY
b. Date of invoice is after the date of Tax Period
c. Receiver GSTIN is same as of Supplier
d. No Invoice exists against corresponding Credit/debit note in case of Supplies to Registered Taxpayers or Interstate Large Customers
e. Shipping bill date is prior to date of invoice.
You have to copy the header sections along with the data while copying the data.
By default, it will be saved in the Downloads folder. You can also choose a different location to save the same.
No. Utility.exe setup file cannot be installed in the mobile device.
You need to delete the specific invoice and then add a new invoice with the correct invoice details. The unique details cannot be edited by the user.
It can take few minutes to display the invoice details.