Now Book your train tickets using Mobile Phone, anywhere and anytime WITHOUT using Internet connection. Train passengers will be able to use their mobile phones to book tickets through a simple text-messaging- based-SMS facility or a menu-based dialling service –USSD service. Currently, only registered IRCTC users can use these services.
SMS Based Booking
SMS Services are currently offered by:-
1. For SMS Bookings, send a Booking SMS in specified format with information of Date of Journey, Class , Train Number and Passenger Details. You shall receive Seat Availability.
2. In the second SMS make the Payment, which can be initiated in either two ways:-
3. Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC.
* MMID generation is a single click process available with more than 26 Indian Banks covering over 90% of the total banking subscriber base. The banks for the same are listed at http://www.npci.org.in/bankmember.aspx
* “OTP” is a One Time Password generated and provided by your respective bank.
USSD (Menu-based dialling)
USSD Services are currently offered by:-
Airtel Money – Click here for details.
– Airtel subscribers Dial *400# on their mobiles.
1. Dial designated number, you shall receive a Menu Based Screen dialling. Select ‘book tickets’ option, select ‘reservation’ (user is prompted to enter his IRCTC user ID once only), enter details (date of journey, station, train no, class, etc)
2. Enter mPIN for authorizing payment through mobile wallet
3. Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC