F.No. S/43-10/2012 PSO JNCH Part IV
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 174 /2016
Subject: – Standard Operating Procedure consequent to commencement of “Document Processing Area” in the Parking Plaza and Gate Automation for Export & Import through NSICT / NSIGT, GTI & JNPCT; reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Port Terminal Operator, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No 163/2016, dated 01.12.2016 issued by Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House (JNCH) about procedure in regard to Export of containers (entry of factory stuffed (including self-sealed) and CFS stuffed Export Containers into port terminals after granting of LEO at Parking Area) and movement of Import Containers from Port Terminal to CFS/ICD as well as Direct Port Delivery to importers.
2. Vide aforesaid Public Notice, “standard operating procedure” (worked out on the basis of consultation with representatives from all the Terminal Operators) is being followed for movement of such Containers to and from the Port Terminal from 5th December 2016. However, request has been received from BCHAA / trade to allow movement of containers on the basis of check list, as was being the procedure being followed before issue of aforesaid Public Notice.
3. It is to clarify that requirement to issue Let Export Order (LEO) before entry of container in the Terminal / Port was prescribed in view of following reasons:
i. There was consistent demand from major importer to issue LEO prior to Port entry. They were facing difficulty in cases, where containers were allowed “Direct Port Entry (DPE)” based on checklist of shipping bill & invoice & thereafter, if at the time of processing the shipping bill for registration and grant of LEO, it was found that goods need to be examined, then containers were required to be brought back to CFS for examination after completing “Back to Town” formalities. Therefore, revised procedure ensures that status of facilitation is known before the container move inside the Terminal.
ii. In the earlier procedure, the exporters were required to furnish documents two times, First, at the Terminal gate to obtain approval for entry inside the Terminal and second time at the respective CFSs to obtain “Let Export Order”. Now in the revised system, documentation is required only once at the “Parking Plaza / holding Area”. Therefore, there would be considerable reduction in time and cost.
iii. Revised procedure has been worked out to synchronize Customs procedure in line with “Gate Automation”, RFID tagging and other initiatives taken by Port Terminals with least interaction with Customs at the gate. It uses the IT capabilities and message exchange and aimed to streamline the entire gate in and gate out procedure.
4. Any specific difficulty in following the revised procedure may please be brought to the notice of “Additional Commissioner (PG) or undersigned. We will be pleased to resolve any real issues.
ISSUES RELATING TO BUFFER YARD
5. Issues have been raised about allowing clearances from Buffer Yard. In this regard, attention all the concerned is invited to the Public Notice No. 83 /2009, dated 12.11.2009, wherein it was clarified that:
3. A new procedure for handling of factory stuffed (including self sealed) export containers has been laid down in Public Notice No. 52/2009 dated 06.08.2009, wherein, all the factory stuffed (including self sealed) export containers except of the exempted category are to be routed through the CFSs designated for handling of such containers and same is being implemented from 01.10.2009.
4. Therefore, in view of above, the Public Notice No. 52/2001 dated 23.07.2001 stands rescinded, henceforth, all the factory stuffed (including self sealed) export containers seeking clearance from CFS Punjab Conware have to be routed through CFS Punjab Conware as specified vide Public Notice no. 52/2009 dated 06.08.2009 and not through the Buffer Yard Zone under control of CFS Punjab Conware. Further, no import / export related operations will take place in the said area identified as Buffer Yard Zone created under control of Punjab Conware vide Public Notice No. 52/2001 dated 23.07.2001.
6. Hence, it is again re-iterated that no import / export related operations will take place in the said area identified as Buffer Yard Zone created. As clarified in the Public Notice No. 83 /2009, dated 12.11.2009, it is again clarified that all the factory stuffed containers including the self-sealed containers & entitled to DPE shall henceforth be brought only to the “Document Processing Area” in the Parking Plaza of respective Port Terminals, if intended for Direct Port Entry. Otherwise, they have the option to route such containers through any of CFS and clear the same for export from such CFSs like “Dock stuffed Cargo”.
REFRIGERATED (REEFER) CONTAINERS & CONTAINERS CONTAINING PERISHABLE GOODS
7. There was demand from trade that “Refrigerated Containers” & “Containers containing perishable goods” should be allowed direct port entry without “Let Export Order” as was the earlier system. However, considering the reasons as mentioned in Para 3 above aforesaid demand cannot be accepted. However, in order to ensure expeditious clearances, it is decided that document processing relating to “Refrigerated Containers” & “Containers containing perishable goods” will be done on priority (out of turn). In order to distinguish “Refrigerated Containers” shipping bills trade is advised to clearly indicate “Refrigerated Containers” on top right corner of such shipping bills. Similarly, for shipping bill pertaining to “perishable goods”, trade is advised to clearly indicate “Perishable Goods” on top right corner of such shipping bills.
8. Adequate number of officers have been deployed for attending registration and granting of LEO in the “Document Processing Area” in the Parking Plazas of respective Port Terminals on 24 X 7 basis.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-G).
F.No. S/43-10/2012 PSO JNCH Part IV
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH for information.
2. The Chairman, JNPT / CEO GTI / CEO NSICT & NSIGT
3. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-1, JNCH
4. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH
5. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH
6. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH
7. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH
8. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.