File No. 01/36/218/4/AM-15/TC
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
(Department of Commerce)
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi- 110011
Trade Notice 21/2015-2020
Dated the 23rd March, 2016
Subject: Reconstitution of Board of Trade (BoT)
It has been decided to reconstitute the Board of Trade as per the provisions given in the Para 300 of Foreign Trade Policy Statement 2015-2020. The objective is to have continuous discussion and consultation with trade and industry. The Board of Trade would, inter-alia, advise the Government on policy measures related to Foreign Trade Policy in order to achieve the objective of boosting India’s trade.
Terms of Reference:
The BOT shall have the following terms of references:
(i) To advise Government on Policy measures for preparation and implementation of both short and long term plans for increasing exports in the light of emerging national and international economic scenarios;
(ii) To review export performance of various sectors, identify constraints and suggest industry specific measures to optimize export earnings;
(iii) To examine existing institutional framework for imports and exports and suggest practical measures for further streamlining to achieve desired objectives;
(iv) To review policy instruments and procedure for imports and exports and suggest steps to rationalize those for optimum use; and
(v) To examine issues which are considered relevant for promotion of India’s foreign trade and for strengthening international competitiveness of Indian goods and services.
Chairperson: Hon’ble Minister Commerce & Industry
1. Shri. Onkar S Kanwar, Chairman and MD Apollo Tyres Ltd.
2. Shri. Pawan Munjal, MD Hero Motocorp
3. Shri. Ramesh Chandra, Chairman and MD Unitech Ltd.
4. Shri. Kiran Majumdar Shaw, Chairman and MD Biocon Ltd.
5. Shri. K Satish Reddy, MD Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
6. Shri. Dr. Habil Khorakiwala, Chairman, Wockhardt Ltd.
7. Shri. Shiv Nadar, Chairman HCL Technology
8. Shri. Sanjay Kirlosakar, MD Kirloskar Brothers Ltd.
9. Shri. Anand Mahindra, MD Mahindra Group
10. Shri. YC Deveshwar, Chairman ITC Ltd.
11. Shri. Saroj Kumar Poddar, Chairman Poddar Heritage Enterprises
12. Shri. Sanjay Barisal, Chairman Ambootia Tea Group
13. Shri. R Seshasayee, MD Ashok Leyland Ltd.
14. Shri. Venu Shree Niwasan, Chairman TVS Motor Company
15. Shri. Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO ICICI Bank Ltd.
16. Shri. Nikhil Meswani, ED & Member of Board, Reliance Industries Ltd.
17. Shri. Ramu S Deora, Chairman, G Amphary Laboratories
18. Shri. Pradip Mehta, Secretary General, CUTS International
19. Shri. Biswajit Dhar, Professor CESP, School of Social Science JNU
1. President, CII
2. President, FICCI
3. President, FIEO
4. President, ASSOCHEM
5. Chairman, NASSCOM
6. Chairman, Gems and Jewellery, EPC
7. Chairman, AEPC
8. Chairman, SRTPC
9. Chairman, Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH)
10. President, The Seafood Exporters Association of India
11. Chairman, Council for Leather Export(CLE)
12. Chairman, CHEMEXCIL
13. Chairman, PHARMEXCIL
14. Chairman, EPCs for EOUs & SEZs
15. Chairman, EEPC
16. Chairman, Service Exports Promotion Council
17. President, SAARC Chairman of Commerce and Industry
18. President, Indian Association of Tour Operators
19. Chairman, Marine Products Export Development Authority, MPEDA
20. Chairman, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
21. Chairman, APEDA
22. Chairman, Coffee Board
23. Chairman, Tea Board
24. Chairman, Spice Board
25. Chairman, Rubber Board
26. Chief Operating Officer, Express Industry Council of India
27. President, Brihan Mumbai Custom House Agents Association
28. President, Federation of Freight Forwards Associations of India
29. President, Federation of Indian Micro Small and medium Enterprises
30. President, Federation of Indian Women Enterprises
31. President, Indian Oilsheeds and Producer Export Promotion Council
1. Secretary, Department of Commerce
2. Secretary, Department of Revenue
3. Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs
4. Secretary, Ministry of Textiles
5. Secretary, Ministry of Shipping
6. Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion
7. Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation
8. Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperation
9. Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
10. Secretary, Chemical and Petro Chemical
11. Secretary, Department of Defence Production
12. Secretary, Ministry of Surface Transport
13. Secretary, Department of Posts
14. Deputy Governor, RBI
15. Chairman, Railway Board
16. Chairman, National Highways Authority of India
17. Chairman and MD, ECGC
18. Managing Director. EXIM Bank
19. Chairman and MD, SBI
20. Managing Director, Container Corporation of India
21. Director General of Foreign Trade.
This issues with the approval of competent Authority
(Jay Karan Singh)
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
E-mail : email@example.com
Ph. 011 -23063249