No. 13011/01/2013-Cus (AS)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise & Customs
Dated: 23rd June, 2016
1. All Principal Chief/Chief Commissioners of Customs/Customs (Preventive)/ Central Excise/Service Tax
2. Principal Directors General/Directors General, under CB EC,
3. Chief Commissioner (Authorised Representative-CESTAT)
4. Principal Commissioners/Commissioners of Directorates/Settlement Commission
5. Webmaster, CBEC Website.
Subject: – Grant of reward to informers and Government Servants – amendment to existing Guidelines issued vide Circular No.20/2015 dated 31-07-2015 – regarding.
Kind reference is invited to reward guidelines issued vide Ministry’s letter of even number date 31-07- 2015.
2. It has been decided to amend Para 4.4 of Circular No.20/2015 dated 31-07-2015 issued vide F.No.13011/01/2013-Cus (AS). Accordingly, the para 4.4 of the existing guidelines shall be substituted as follows:-
“Government Servants working in the other departments/agencies such as Police, Border Security Forces, Coast Guard, etc. may also be considered for sanction of reward in respect of cases of seizures of contraband goods affected by these agencies under the provisions of Customs Act, 1962/ Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 and subsequently booked / investigated by the formations and agencies under CBEC. However, only such officers of these Departments/Agencies who hold rank equivalent to the Additional Commissioner of Customs & Central Excise or lower rank, will be considered eligible for sanction of rewards in terms of Para 4.2 & 4.3 above.”.
3. The Principal Chief /Chief Commissioners and Principal Directors General/ Directors General are hereby directed to circulate the present amendment to existing reward guidelines to all the formations under their charge. Difficulties, if any, in implementation of the aforesaid guidelines may be brought to the notice of the Board.
4. Hindi version follow.
Tele No. 26177519.