Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Excise and Customs)
Notification No. 45/2016-Customs (N.T.)
New Delhi, dated the 1st April, 2016
G.S.R. (E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 157 read with section 46 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby makes the following regulations to amend the Bill of Entry (Electronic Declaration) Regulations, 2011, namely:-
1. (1) These regulations may be called the Bill of Entry (Electronic Declaration) (Amendment) Regulations, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Bill of Entry (Electronic Declaration) Regulations, 2011, (hereinafter referred to as the said regulations), in regulation 1, in sub-regulation (1), for the words Electronic Declaration, the words Electronic Integrated Declaration shall be substituted.
3. In the said regulations, for the words electronic declaration wherever they occur, the words electronic integrated declaration shall be substituted.
4. In the said regulations, in regulation 2,-
i. in clause (a), for the words the Customs House Agents Licensing Regulations, 2004, the words the Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations, 2013 shall be substituted;
ii. clause (b) shall be omitted;
iii. in clause (c), for the words “includes its print-outs, the words includes its electronic records or print outs shall be substituted;
Explanation.- For the purposes of this clause, the electronic record shall have the meaning assigned to it in the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000);
In the said regulation, in regulation 3, for the words “, in the format set out in Annexure”, the words “in the electronic form provided at the website https:// www.icegate.gov.in” shall be substituted.
[F.No.450/32/2016-Cus. IV ]
Foot Note :- The principal regulation was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification number G.S.R.838(E), dated the 25th November, 2011.