1. The disputes between the parties are settled in the following terms:
2. The 1st Defendant will ensure that in the film Sarkar 3 scheduled for release on Friday, 12th May 2017 credit is given to the Plaintiff, Mr Nilesh Girkar in exactly the following manner:
“Based on a story written by Nilesh Girkar”
This is to appear in the opening credits with the same pause, font and prominence as equivalent credits.
3. Mr Patil for Defendant No. 8 states that some digital prints for international theatrical release have already been dispatched and it will be difficult to incorporate this credit in those prints. That statement is accepted. It is, however, accepted on the basis and condition that in all other prints including international satellite, cable etc and all other digital platforms as also for all domestic releases whether theatrical or on any platform, this credit will appear. The 1st Defendant agrees and undertakes to ensure this. The undertaking is accepted.
4. An amount of Rs. 6.2 lakhs has been deposited in this Court towards the balance claim by the Plaintiff as his fees. Parties are agreed that the Plaintiff may withdraw the amount with accumulated interest, if any.
5. The Suit is disposed of in these terms. There will be no order as to costs since this is a disposal by consent. Drawn up decree dispensed with.
6. In view of disposal of the Suit, the Notice of Motion does not survive and is disposed of as infructuous.
7. All concerned to act on an authenticated copy of this order.
Image Source- Youtube