In pursuance of clause (3) of Article 348 of the Constitution of India, the following translation in English of the Government Notification, Industries, Energy & Labour Department No. BSE-2009/C.R.122/Lab-10, dated 03/01/2012 is hereby published under the authority of the Governor.
By order and in the name of the Governor of Maharashtra
(Dr. Kavita Gupta)
Principal Secretary to Government
Industries, Energy and Labour Department; Mantralaya, Mumbai – 400 032.
Dated the 03/01/ 2012.
Bombay Shops and Establishments Act,1948 and Information Technology Act, 2000.
No.BSE-2009/C.R.122/Lab-10:- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 67 of the Bombay Shops and Establishments Act, 1948 (Bom. LXXIX of 1948) read with sections 6 and 90 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000); and of all other powers enabling it in that behalf, the Government of Maharashtra hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Rules,1961, the same having been previously published as required by the sub-section (3) of the said section 67:-
1. Short title & commencement.(1) These rules may be called the Maharashtra Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Rules, 2012.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in sub-rule(3), these rules shall come into force at once.
(3) The provisions of rule 3, so far as it relates to insertion of rule 23 in the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Rules, 1961, shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint which shall not be later than six month from the date of issue of this notification. 2. After rule 20 A of the Maharashtra Shops and Establishments Rules, 1961 (hereinafter referred to as “the principal rules”), the following rule shall be inserted, namely :-
“20B. Every employer shall display a notice on the notice board in a establishment that “No child labourers are engaged”. The words and letters on the said notice board shall be in DVB-TT Surekh Font and with a Lemon-Yellow colour background written in Navy-Blue colour”.
3. After rule 21 of the principal rules, the following rules shall be added, namely :-
“ 22. Every employer shall submit statements, application for registration, renewal of registration certificate, application for exemption, notices or any other application or documents and fees as prescribed in these rules, electronically.
23. (1) The employer shall pay the electronic transaction charges for availing e-services for submitting statements, applications for registration, renewal of registration certificate, application for exemption, notices or any other application or documents and for paying fees prescribed in these rules, electronically, as provided in sub-rule (2).
(2) The electronic transaction charges for the purposes of
sub-rule (1) shall be as follows, namely :-
|Up to 10 Labour|
|Application for registration|
|Application for renewal of registration certificate|
|Application for exemption|
|Any other application or documents|
4. For Form A appended to the principle rules, the following Forms shall be substituted, namely :-