No. 31011/11/2015-Estt (A.IV)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: May 12, 2016
Subject:- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel concession) Rules, 1988-Admissibility of catering charges in respect of rail journey performed on LTC.- Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that several references are received in this Department from various Ministries/Departments seeking clarification regarding the admissibility of catering charges charged by the Indian Railways in respect of the rail journey(s) performed by Rajdhani/Shatabdi on LTC.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it is clarified that if the Government servant has to compulsorily avail the catering facility and the cost is included in the rail fare for Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains, the fare charged shall be reimbursable in full as per the entitlement/eligibility of the Government servant.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries / Departments of Government of India. (As per the standard list)
1. Comptroller & Auditor General of India, New Delhi.
2. Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
3. Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi.
4. Central Bureau of Investigations, New Delhi.
5. Parliament Library, New Delhi.
6. All Union Territory Administrations.
7. Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
8. All Attached and Subordinate Offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions.
9. NIC, DoP&T with the request to upload this O.M. on Department’s web site (OMs/Orders 4 Establishment–> LTC Rules)
10. Hindi Section for Hindi version.