MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 5th April, 2017
S.O.1210(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) in the Government of India is administering the Internship Scheme (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) to provide a platform for post-graduate students who are pursuing courses in Commerce, Law, Economics and Management streams to develop awareness about formulation and implementation of corporate policies of the Union Government. Applications are invited by the Ministry and ten interns (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries) are selected by the Selection Committee and the internship is for a maximum duration of two months and the interns selected are paid a monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per person per month (hereinafter referred to as benefits), which involves recurring expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of India.
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of the section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely: —
1. (1) An individual eligible for availing benefit under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of availing benefit under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number, or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment within 30 days of joining the internship. In case he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the Aadhaar Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry is required to provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by Ministry itself becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i). If he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii). a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of Paragraph 2; and
(b) Any one of the following documents:-
(i) Voter Identity Card issued by the Election Commission of India; or
(ii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card; or
(iii) Passport; or
(iv) Ration Card or
(v) Bank or Post Office Passbook with photo;
(vi) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by the Gazetted officer or Tehsildar on an official letter head; or
(vii) Driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(viii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or
(ix) Any other document as specified by the Ministry.
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Ministry for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries under the Scheme, the Ministry shall make all required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(a) Wide publicity through media and individual notices to be given to the applicants to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar to receive benefits under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest enrolment centre available in their areas within 30 days of joining the internship in case they are not yet enrolled. The list of locality available enrolment centres (list available at uidai.gov.in) shall be made available to them.
(b) In case, beneficiaries are not able to enrol due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry is required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the concerned officials of the employer or training institute or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This Notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all States and Union Territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No I-340 1 1/23/20 16-Coord]
A. ASHOLI CHALAI, Jt. Secy.