MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS WELFARE
(Department of Agriculture, Cooperation And Farmers Welfare)
New Delhi, the 22nd March, 2017
G.S.R. 278(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare (hereinafter referred to as the Department) is administering the Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business Centres (AC&ABC) (hereafter referred to as the AC&ABC Scheme) since 2002-03 through National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad;
And whereas, the AC&ABC Scheme involves expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore in pursuance of the provisions of the Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:-
1. (1) An individual (Nodal Training Institute (NTI) Trainee, AC&ABC Trainee or Agri-Entrepreneur) registered under the AC&ABC Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual (Nodal Training Institute (NTI) Trainee, AC&ABC Trainee or Agri Entrepreneur) entitled to receive benefit under the AC&ABC Scheme who does not possess the Aadhaar Number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, but are desirous of availing benefits under AC&ABC Scheme is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 3 1st March, 2017, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per Section 3 of the said Act. All such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department through MANAGE, Hyderabad which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through MANAGE, Hyderabad is required to provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI registrar themselves:
Provided that, till the Aadhaar is assigned to the beneficiaries of AC&ABC Scheme, benefits under the said Scheme shall be given to such individual, subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:-
a. (i) if he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of Paragraph 2 below; and
(b) (i) Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (ii) Permanent Account Number Card issued by Income Tax Department; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Driving License issued by Licensing authority under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (v) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by the Gazetted officer or Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (vi) Address card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts; or (vii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or (viii) any other document as specified by the State Government or Union Territory Administration:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer designated by the Department through MANAGE, Hyderabad for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free entitlements to the beneficiaries under the AC&ABC Scheme, the Department shall make all the required arrangements including following, namely:—
(1) Wide publicity through media and in individual notices shall be given to beneficiaries of AC&ABC Scheme to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas by 31stMarch, 2017 in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, beneficiaries of AC&ABC Scheme are not able to enroll due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Tehsil or Taluka, the Department through MANAGE, Hyderabad is required to provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI registrar themselves and the beneficiaries of AC&ABC Scheme may register their request for enrolment by giving their name, address, mobile number and other details specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1 with Department through MANAGE, Hyderabad.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all States and Union Territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 1(2)/2016-EM (Part)]
AMITABH GAUTAM, Jt. Secy.