MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, The 24th May, 2010
S.O. 1217(E). In exercise of power by sub section (2) of section 1 of the Payment of Gratuity (Amendments) Act, 2010(15 of 2010), the central Government hereby appoints the 24thday of May, 2010 the on which said act will come into force.
S. K. SRIVASTAVA , Addl. Secy.
1. Tax treatment of Gratuity under the Income Tax Act, 1961
2. Tax planning to be done once Exempt Gratuity Limit Increase to 10 Lakh
3. Gratuity Amount payable under Payment of Gratuity Act enhanced from Rs.3.5 lakhs to Rs 10 lakhs
4. Cabinet approved amendment to the Gratuity Act to raise the ceiling from Rs 3.5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh
5. Gratuity Limit increased to 10 Lakh as per Income Tax Act and Gratuity Act in Rajya Sabha
6. Provision for Gratuity and Leave Encashment not Allowable under the Income tax Act, 1961: IT Department
7. Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Act, 2009 – Amendment in section 2 and insertion of section 13A, Change in definition of employee
8. Govt may raise gratuity ceiling limit for private sector employees from Rs 3.5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh
9. Lok Sabha passes bill to hike gratuity ceiling to Rs. 10 lakh from Rs. 3.50 Lakh
10. Download Payment of Gratuity Amendment Bill 2010
11. Tax treatment of Gratuity after Increase in limit from 3.50 lakh to 10 lakh