Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
(Ministry of Labour, Govt. Of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14- Bhikalji Cama Place, New Delhi – 110066
(CENTRAL ANALYSIS & INTELLIGENCE UNIT)
No CAIU/011(34)2016/Circulars/4358 Dated: 27.05.2016
All Additional Central P.F. Commissioners (Zones)
All Regional P.F. Commissioner-I (In-Charge of Regions)
All Regional P.F. Commissioners-II (In-Charge of SROs.)
Sub:- Promotion of New Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) – Instruction regarding inspection of MSMEs.
Kindly refer to the Secretary (Labour & Employment) DO letter No.Z-20025/1/2016-LR Cell dated 19.02.2016 regarding promoting the setting up of new MSMEs and ease in regulatory compliance provisions (Copy enclosed as Annexure-1).
In terms of directions contained therein, for the purpose of EPF & MP Act, 1952, all concerned are required to adhere to the following directions.;
1. The Inspection Scheme shall take into account the self-certified returns filed by MSMEs – provided the MSME are not more than 3 years old. Roughly 5% of MSME units shall be verified through a random risk based inspection system for compliance. Inspections allotted by Shram Suvidha portal shall ensure this.
2. MSMEs which are already in existence prior to these instruction, need to inform the concerned EPF offices where they are registered and the concerned field office shall intimate the same to HO, CAIU with copy to RPFC (NDC) for flagging it in the data base. Further RO! SRO also to check that only small percentage of not more than 5% shall be verified through a random risk based inspection for compliance.
3. In respect of New MSMEs, the self declaration shall be furnished by MSMEs during the first year at the time of registration on OLRE itself to facilitate this. Necessary fields are being added in OLRE Registration Portal through form 5A to help identity them.
4. The format for self – certification by MSMEs is in the process of finalisation and shall be communicated in due course.
5. Accordingly, all the MSMEs may be asked to submit an online self-certified return for compliance as is being done under Shram Suvidha portal under the EPF & MP Act, 1952. For submitting self-certification online, the Shram Suvidha portal of Government of India may be used.
Please acknowledge the receipt.
(This issues with the approval of CPFC).
End: as above.
Addl.CPFC-1 (Compliance & CAIU)