THE GAZETTE OF INDIA
PUBLISHED BY AUTHORITY
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
(Department of Science and Technology)
New Delhi, the 9th March, 2017
S.O. 778(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly to them in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Department of Science and Technology (hereinafter referred to as the Department), Ministry of Science and Technology in the Government of India is implementing the Central Sector Scheme to aid the students in education, and research in Science and technology development. The schemes viz. DISHA Programme, INSPIRE Award, INSPIRE Scholarship, INSPIRE Internship, INSPIRE Fellowship and INSPIRE Faculty (hereinafter referred to as the Schemes) are implemented through Government or Non-Government Academic Institutions (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agencies);
And whereas, the Schemes provide aid to students (hereinafter referred to as beneficiaries) in the age group of 10 to 32 years, in the form of cash or kind (hereinafter referred to as the benefit) directly to the beneficiary or through the Implementing Agencies;
And whereas, the aforesaid Schemes involve expenditures incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Science and Technology hereby notifies the following, namely: ––
1. (1) An Individual desirous of availing the benefits under the Schemes is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) An individual desirous of availing the benefit under the Schemes, who does not possess an Aadhaar or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment by 30thSeptember, 2017, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the visions of section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department through its Implementing Agencies, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through its Implementing Agencies is required to provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by Department itself becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Schemes shall be given to such individuals subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely: –
A. (i) if she or he has enrolled, her or his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her or his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph 2; and
B. (i) Bank passbook with photograph; or
(ii) Voter identity card issued by the Election Commission of India; or
(iii) Ration Card, or
(iv) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card issued by the Income Tax Department; or
(v) Passport; or
(vi) Driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(vii) Certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer on an official letter head; or
(viii) any other documents specified by the Central Government;
Provided further that the aforesaid documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Department for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits under the Schemes, the Department through its Implementing Agencies shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:—
(a) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Schemes and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 30thSeptember, 2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(b) In case, the beneficiaries of the Schemes are not able to enrol for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres within near vicinity such as in Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through its Implementing Agencies is required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries can be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers along with other documents as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the concerned official of the Implementing Agencies or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union Territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. DST/DBT Cell/Aadhar Notification/2017]
A. MUKHOPADHYAY, Head, INSPIRE Division