MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
New Delhi, the 28th February, 2017
S.O. 697(E).– Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for prod ucing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in the Government of India is supporting multiple programmes and initiatives under National Health Mission (hereinafter referred to as Scheme) to achieve goals as provided in the National Framework for Implementation of the Scheme, and that for the effective implementation of the Scheme, various categories of human resources, which include medical, paramedical and non-medical staff, have been engaged on contractual basis in the States and Union territory Administrations under the Scheme; And whereas, the contractual staff (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries) engaged under the Scheme by the Department of Health and Family Welfare in the States and Union territory Administration are paid remuneration for the work performed by them every month as benefit, which involve recurring expenditures from the Consolidated Fund of India; Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of s ection 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Health and Family Wel
fare hereby notifies the following, namely:—
1. (1) Individuals eligible to receive the benefit s under the Scheme are hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) An eligible beneficiary entitled to receive benefits under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, but desirous of availing the benefits under the Scheme is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrollment by 31 st March, 2017 provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individual may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at UIDAI website www.uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the concerned Department in charge of implementation of the Scheme in the State Government or Union territory Administration which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for such beneficiary who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department in charge of implementation of the Scheme in the State Government or Union territory Administration is required to provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient location s in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Development Authority of India or by itself becoming Unique Identification Development Authority of India Registrar.Provided that, till the Aadhaar is assigned to the beneficiary, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such beneficiary subject to the production of the follow ing documents, namely:
(a) (i) If he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in Paragraph 2d; and
(b) any of the following documents:-
(i) Voter ID Card issued by the Election Commission of India; or
(ii) Permanent Account Number Card issued by Income Tax Department; or
(iii) Passport; or
(iv) Driving License issued by Licencing authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(v) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by the Gazetted officer or Tehsildar on an official letter head;
(vi) Ration Card; or
(vii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or
(viii) Bank Photo Passbook; or
(ix) any other document as specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer designated by the State Government or Union territory Administration for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits under the Scheme to the beneficiaries, Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territory Administration shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:—
(a) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through the Department in charge of implementation of the Scheme through Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres (CHCs), district hospitals and other concerned authorities shall be given to the beneficiaries of the Scheme to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 31 st March 2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres (list available at UIDAI website www.uidai.gov.in ) shall be made available to them.
(b) In case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territory Administration is required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations and the beneficiaries can be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, address, mobile number and other necessary details with the concerned officials of the Department of Health and Family Welfare or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and
Union territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. Z-14018/1/2017-MCH (JSY)]
MANOJ JHALANI, Jt. Secy.