MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi; the 6th March, 2017
S.O. 751(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Labour and Employment, in the Government of India, is administering the Bonded Labour Rehabilitation Scheme (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) for rehabilitation of bonded labourer by giving Cash and Non-cash component through the National Child Labour Project Society in the State Government or Union Territory Administration;
And whereas, the Benefits under Bonded Labour Rehabilitation Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016(18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Labour and Employment hereby notifies the following, namely:—
1. (1) An individual eligible to receive the benefits under the Scheme hereby, is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) All such eligible beneficiaries entitled to receive the benefits under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar Number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, but desirous of availing benefits under the Scheme is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 30th June 2017, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such individual may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at UIDAI’s website www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry of Labour and Employment through the National Child Labour Project Society (hereinafter referred to as NCLP Society) which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry of Labour and Employment through the National Child Labour Project Society may provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or concerned Department in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations by becoming UIDAI Registrar or engaging NCLP Society as enrolment agency:
Provided that, till the Aadhaar is assigned to the individuals of the Scheme, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:—
(a) (i) if he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of Paragraph 2 below; and
(b) (i) Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (ii) Permanent Account Number Card issued by Income Tax Department; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Driving License issued by Licensing authority under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988(59 of 1988); or (v) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by the Gazetted officer or Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (vi) Ration Card; or (vii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or (viii) Any other document as specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Ministry of Labour and Employment for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits under the Scheme, the Ministry of Labour and Employment through National Child Labour Project Society shall make all the required arrangements including the following; namely:-
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through the district National Child Labour Project Society and other means, shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 30thJune, 2017 in case they are not already enrolled and the list of locally available Aadhaar enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, beneficiaries are not able to enrol due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the block or Tehsil or Taluka, the Department in charge of implementation of the Scheme in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations is required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations and the beneficiaries may register their request for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their name, address, mobile number and other details as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph (1) with their District National Child Labour Project Society or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all States and Union territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. G-20021/01/2016-BL]
HEERA LAL SAMARIYA, Addl. Secy.