ADVISORY FOR MULTIPURPOSE EMPANELMENT FORM (MEF) FOR THE YEAR 2012-13
1. Last date for submission of applications on the website www.meficai.org is 14th August 2012.
2. Please use Internet Explorer 6.0/ Mozilla Firefox 7.0 or later versions to fill MEF 2012-13. Members are advised to fill MEF well in advance to avoid last minute rush and technical problems.
3. The information filled in by the applicant in MEF can be edited/modified any number of times before online submission of MEF.
4. All correspondence, acknowledgement, discrepancy letters, etc. will preferably be through e-mail only. Please fill up e-mail id correctly and ensure that it is active.
5. It is in the interest of the members to provide correct contact details viz telephone number, e-mail address and keep track of these when allotment procedure starts.
6. Unique Code Number (UCN) is very important as it facilitates compiling the applicants’ bank audit experience. Therefore, an applicant must ensure that correct UCN appears in the MEF.
• If the applicant has never been allotted UCN at any point of time, we would like to inform that UCN will be allotted to all eligible firms/Members at the time of preparation of the Bank Branch Auditor’s Panel.
• If UCN was allotted earlier, please mention this in Memorandum of changes in case it is not appearing in the MEF and also in the hard copy of the declaration. The changes will be incorporated in MEF Database after due verification.
• Therefore, you can apply Multipurpose Empanelment Form without UCN also.
7. Applicant practising in individual name should continue to use the same UCN in case he forms a sole proprietary concern.
8. Members may note that experience in capacity, as articled/audit assistant or paid employee/assistant should not be added in experience columns’ to be mentioned in questions of MEF.
9. In case the applicant was appointed as Central/Branch Statutory Auditor of a Public Sector Bank in the previous financial year, the following may be noted to avoid conflict of interest:
a. Don’t associate with the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/associates, as concurrent/internal/income and expenditure or revenue auditor/stock auditor/auditor of borrowers’ accounts.
b. Don’t take a loan (including outstanding on credit card) from/give a guarantee to a loan from the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/associates.
c. Don’t accept the position of a Director on the Board of the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/ associates.
10. If an applicant has done audit of two or more than two entities or Statutory Central and/or as well as branch audit of a Bank for the same year, then it should be counted as one year experience only, while filling-up various questions of MEF.
11. The Institute reserves right to call for additional information including financial documents, annual financial statements, income tax & service tax returns and such other documents, from the applicant as may be considered appropriate.
12. While every care is taken in preparing the panel, in the event of any inadvertent mistake or omission, the Institute will not be responsible in any manner.
13. The Institute does not undertake any responsibility with regard to the allotment of audit.
14. PROCEDURE FOR LOGGING INTO MEF:
• MEF is designed differently each in case of sole proprietary concern, partnership concern and members practising in individual name and thus, the applicant should select his option carefully.
• Visit www.meficai.org and select your option for empanelment as a sole proprietor/partnership concern/individual.
• Remember the PASSWORD for future reference, as you would be able to log into your form using this password ONLY.
15. All the information being sourced from Institute database is static (not editable) and the same will be appearing with green background. Applicants, who do not agree with the details appearing in these fields, should fill in the Memorandum of Changes.
16. Applicants should note that Q. No. 15 onwards including Requirements of Urban Cooperative Banks /Credit & other cooperative societ’s panel, is optional. However, members are encouraged to provide the same to the extent possible since this would be considered to provide experience specific panels to various authorities/entities as per the criteria specified by them. No further information would be called for in respect of experience requirements by the Institute.
17. COMPLAINT FILING MECHANISM
a. In case, an applicant faces any problem in accessing, operating or submission of MEF, complaint may be lodged by accessing complaint-box link available on www.meficai.org
b. Applicants can lodge their complaint by using either MEF No./ MRN / FRN
c. Complaint number will be displayed on the system after successful lodging of complaint. Please note the complaint number for future reference. Applicant would be able to view the status of their complaints by using MEF No. /Complaint No./MRN/FRN.
d. All the complaints lodged by the applicant would be looked into by PDC Secretariat.
18. In case, the complaint is not resolved or replied within a week, members can call at 011-30110444, 30110438, 30110451, 30110480 and 30110508.
19. SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
A hard copy of the Declaration duly signed by all (the continuing) partners/ proprietor/ member practicing in individual name accompanied by a print of the e-mail acknowledging submission of MEF must be sent to ICAI by courier/speed post/hand delivery at the following address in an envelope superscribed with “DECLARATION FOR MEF 2012-13” so as to reach on or before 24th August 2012.
Professional Development Committee
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg
New Delhi – 110 002
20. Receipt of hard copy of the Declaration will not be individually acknowledged. The same will be displayed on the website mentioning MEF number within 15 days of receipt of the Declaration. Declarations will then be verified for completeness and correctness and discrepancy (ies), if any, will be intimated to the applicant by email.
Members are advised not to correspond directly with the authorities on matters related to empanelment.