(General Management, Personality Development and Communication Skills) A three months’ residential programme on Professional Skills Development has been initiated for the benefit of CA students and newly qualified Chartered Accountants. The programme is being organised for twelve weeks commencing from January 25, 2010. The programme is helping the CA students and newly qualified CAs in imbibing the professional skills required for effective functioning in business organisations and profession. The Programme environment would focus on development of communication skills, personal qualities, interpersonal and teamwork skills, working in a complex and turbulent, problem solving skills and leadership skills. Course Content The programme is divided in six modules covering:
- Developing personal traits
- Corporate communications
- Strategic management
- Practice development and management
- Professional business environment
- Multi-disciplinary case studies
The programme would also include extra-curricular activities (study tour/industrial visits, yoga, meditation and cultural activities). Course methodology Modern education techniques would be used to make learning wholesome and interesting. The methodology will involve:
- Class/Group Discussion
- Management Games
- Role Plays
- Simulation Exercises
- Case Studies
- Project preparation
The programme would be completely residential. The participants would have access to high quality computer facility. General Management and Communication Skills Students of this programme would not be required to undergo GMCS course separately. The course duration to be considered as part of Articled Training Under Explanation (2) to Regulation 59 (7) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 participation in the Three Months’ Residential Programme on Professional Skills Development will be considered equivalent to undergoing articled training.
Thus the period during which the training is undergone will be considered as part of Articled Training. Eligibility to participate in the 3 months residential programme The three months residential programme is for CA students particularly who have recently passed the Final examination or are undergoing the Final Course. National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM) NIFM was set up in 1993 by the Government of India with the Finance Minister, Government of India as the President of the society. NIFM has evolved itself as a centre of excellence in the areas of Financial Management and related disciplines. It regularly conducts Management Development Programmes for the officials of Civil Services, Central and State Governments. NIFM addresses the requirements of both public and private sector. It also offers Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Financial Management), Consultancy and Research and International Training Programmes. To know more about NIFM, please visit http://www.nifm.ac.in Date The scheduled dates of the next batch with National Institute of Financial Management is:
January 25, 2010 – April 16, 2010 Campus Interview All efforts are made to conduct special placement programme for the participants of the Professional Skills Development Programme. The placement programme may not be conducted separately for each batch. Rather, to have more number of candidates so as to maintain the interest of the companies, placements may be organised for the participants of two or more batches simultaneously.
The ICAI does not guarantee the placements or the pay packages to the participants. The number of companies participating, the pay packages that will be offered by them will depend on the prevailing market conditions. Financial Assistance Financial assistance in the form of a loan from Bank of Baroda to finance the course is also available (for details click here).Applicants need to directly approach the bank for loan.
Applicants seeking finance may register by paying 10% of the fees and the balance is to be paid before starting of the course. Course Fee Rs. 48,000 per participant. The course fee includes tuition fee, course material, computer time, boarding, lodging, local field visits, etc. Applicants may register by paying 10% of the fees and the balance is to be paid before starting of the course. The payment may be made through an account payee demand draft for a sum of Rs. 4,800/ Rs. 48,000 in favour of The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India payable in New Delhi. Contact Interested students may fill in the registration form. The duly filled in copy of the form should be send to Shri Shaleen Suneja, Sr. Assistant Director, / Ms Nisha Gupta, Executive Officer, ICAI Bhawan, A-94/4, Sector-58, Noida- 201301. Telephone number 0120-3045912, Mobile: 9350799916, Email [email protected]
Telephonic calls should be made from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM on working days.
The complete application must reach on or before January 18, 2009. Important terms
- Students who have appeared and passed final examinations in the immediately preceding three examinations from the date of start of the programme will be considered as students and may opt to do the Professional Skills Development Programme.
- Preference will be given to the students who have passed the final exams.
- In case of over-response, students will be selected on the basis of logical criteria. Candidates who had applied but were refused admission in the earlier batches will also be appropriately considered. Efforts will be made to make the group heterogeneous in terms of sex and geographical locations. Selection of the candidates who will be allowed to undergo the programme will be made by Board of Studies or by a person/group of Board of Studies. All decisions on selection will be final and binding. Intimation will be sent on selection/non-selection. No other correspondence on selection or non-selection shall be made.
- Registration may be made by paying 10% of fees, i.e., Rs 4,800 or full fees, i.e. Rs. 48,000.
- A student who has already paid fees for the GMCS course and has not undergone the actual course may claim the refund of fees on account of GMCS course directly from the region/branch where such fees had been paid subsequent to the selection in a batch of Professional Skills Development Programme.
- The Board of Studies or the Institute may modify the terms and conditions as it deems fit.
Only limited seats are available Registration Form