Sub. : Tender Inviting Application from the eligible CA firm for Certification of accounts for the year 2016-2017.
HUDCO Bhopal Regional Office invites offer from eligible Chartered Accountant firms for short listing the CA firm for certification of accounts for the following three operations of HUDCO :-
1. Scope of Work (Please read carefully):
1. Certification of Monthly Trial Balance & Taxation: – Scope of work as per Annexure-I.
2. Hudco Niwas Accounts: – Scope of work as per Annexure-II.
3. Hudco Public Deposit Schemes: – Scope of work as per Annexure-III.
4. The report of certification work (point no. 1 to 3) should be submitted before 5th of following month.
2. Eligibility Criteria :
1. The firm should have at least 5 years experience in handling work of Public Sector Companies.
2. The firm should have local office at Bhopal having minimum five working staff (including one partner).
3. The firm should have minimum 3 numbers of partners and minimum five numbers of paid assistants (Semi qualified/qualified) and other employed staff.
4. The firm should have at least two years experience in handling TDS/Service tax related work including filing of TDS/Service Tax Return in respect of Public Sector Companies.
5. Detailed profile of partners & details of paid CAs and firm clientele may be provided in technical bid.
3. Selection Procedure: The selection of the firm will be done in two stages.
1.Firms will be short listed on the basis of technical bid.
2.After short listing of the firm, financial bid will be opened from the short listed Firms.
4. Tenure of the Appointment:-
The firm will be selected for the FY 2016-17. However, the appointment can be renewed on yearly basis for another two years based on satisfactory work and with the approval from HO.
5. Maximum Payment Limit (Excluding Service Tax) :-
i. For Monthly Trial Balance including Taxation & KYC/PML Verification for project Loans :- Rs. 10500/- p.m.(Rs. 9000/- for Trial Balance & Taxation + Rs.1500/- for KYC /PML verification).
ii.For Hudco Niwas(Payable on Quarterly Basis) :- Rs. 6000/- per quarter + 20% for KYC / PML verification certificate for Niwas Loans.
iii.For HUDCO Public Deposit Schemes(Payable on Quarterly Basis) :- Rs. 3000/- per quarter + 20% for KYC / PML verification certificate for PDS.
iv. The Monthly / Quarterly Payment shall be made @ 80% of the due fees and balance 20% shall be released after audit of annual accounts by Statutory Auditors & issuance of Tax Audit Report.
The interested firm may submit their bids as follows:-
1. Prospective bidders are advised to submit their Technical bid and financial bids in separate sealed covers.
2. Financial bids will be opened only of those firms who qualify in technical bids.
3. The last date and time for submission of bid is 03.06.2016 at 3.00 PM.
4. The technical bid will be opened on 03.06.2016 at 3:30 PM. Representative of CA firms may participate in opening of tender process.
5. Location for submission of sealed quotation is HUDCO, Bhopal Regional Office, Ground Floor, Paryavas Bhawan, Jail Road, Arera Hills, Bhopal – 462011.
Sr. Manager (Finance)
The Scope of work is as under:-
A. IMPREST ACCOUNT
1) Review of books of accounts and vouchers in regard to appropriateness of supporting documentary evidence and correctness of heads of accounts;
2) Certification of monthly Trial balance & Bank Reconciliation Statement accompanied by Audit Report.
3) Review of actual expenses incurred by RO vis-à-vis Budget Allocation and in case the expenditure exceeds the budget limit then deviation may be reported on monthly basis.
4) Review of Head Office accounts with reference to remittances received from Head Office and disbursements made at Regional Offices.
5) Review of reconciliation of bank accounts.
6) Authenticity of salary vouchers in regard to appropriateness of heads of accounts.
7) Reconciliation of staff advances and all other advance accounts.
8) Verification of all Income Heads, booking of TDS on income to appropriate head of accounts.
9) Certification of Half Yearly / Annual Information required by Head Office on Half yearly / Yearly basis as per guidelines made available by Head Office.
10) Certification of physical verification report vis-à-vis fixed assets as per HUDCO’s Asset Register and point out discrepancies, if any.
11) Certification in respect of compliance of various circulars in regard to accounting / fixed assets issued by Head office from time to time.
12) Auditor should issue a monthly certificate, certifying that Audit observations/ remarks made in the earlier Audit Reports have been rectified/ corrected in the Books of Accounts and observations made during the course of audit for the current month have been immediately complied with and no audit observation is pending. In case of pending observation then the same may be reported till the same is rectified by RO.
13) To certify that necessary accounting entries and payments to Income Tax / Service Tax authorities have been made in time.
1) Appropriateness of deduction of tax at source from salary in reference to Savings & Investments, Income from House Properties submitted by employees. As well as from payments in compliance of the provisions of the Income Tax Act. Verify timely payment of TDS amount to appropriate authorities. Review the correctness of the TDS returns before these are filed with the appropriate authorities. Verify from Income Tax site that the tax payment has been properly accounted for with Income Tax authorities and the proper credit for TDS on income is available to HUDCO;
2) To advise and to assist in the preparation of Form 16 and 12BA in regard to Salaries.
3) To advise and to assist in all TDS related issues pertaining to Public Deposit Schemes.
4) To verify the segregation of all the expenses heads in regard to deductibility / non-deductibility of TDS.
5) Facilitation in downloading of all TDS certificates from NSDL and verifying the same.
6) To attend to all communications, notices of the Tax Authorities and to appear on all hearings before Tax Authorities.
7) Facilitation in preparation of quarterly TDS Returns and uploading of the same with the NSDL ensuring that TDS deducted and deposited under appropriate section.
8) Filing of correction statement/Rectification of TDS Returns already filed, if required
9) Other Tax related issues consequent to amendments in Income Tax Act .
10) Certify the statement showing the service tax paid including SBC by RO on input services, service tax collected on output services & service tax payable under reverse charge. Adjustment of service tax on input service as per eligibility and service tax payable on output services. Also certifying its booking under appropriate GL A/c.
11) Verify that Regional Offices are taking CENVAT credit as per Cenvat Credit Rules at the time of making monthly payments with the appropriate authorities.
12) Certification in regard to maintenance of Input Credit Register for availment of Service tax input credit in the format as per instructions issued by HO.
13) Facilitation in preparation, checking and timely e-filing of half-yearly service tax return with the concerned authorities.
14) Facilitation in amendment of Service Tax Registration, if any.
15) Certification in respect of the compliance of various circulars / instructions issued by various authorities/ Head Office in regard to Service Tax / Income Tax from time to time.
16) Certify that all the provisions of Income Tax Act /Service Tax Act are complied with and bills are raised within the prescribed time as per Service Tax Act and the same are accounted for in books of accounts properly.
17) Issuance of Form 3CD duly certified by Auditors in the revised format as per CBDT’s notification no. 33/2014 dated 25.07.2014 at the year-end along with all the annexure required by Head Office/ Tax Auditors at the time of compilation of Tax Audit Report at Head Office.
18) Facilitation in preparation of professional tax return and firm shall file the PT return to the appropriate authority.
C. KYC & PML certification in respect of Project Loans
Verification of compliance of KYC and PML guidelines issued by NHB from time to time in respect of applications for Project Loans including loans to Government Agencies received at RO and furnishing the certificate as prescribed by Principal officer / ED (IA), on monthly basis.
(For the purpose of payment, Bulk Loan will be treated as one case only)
The scope of work is as under:
1. Review of books of accounts and vouchers in regard to appropriateness and correctness of heads of accounts.
2. Certifying Bank Reconciliation and Auditors comments on timely passing of correct entries.
3. Certifying Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly and Annual Statements generated through HORSYS Package.
4. Certifying whether necessary provisions in Hudco Niwas Loans have been made as per NHB norms.
5. Certifying whether correct entries have been passed for interest due and interest de-recognition.
6. Certifying that necessary action as per Hudco Niwas manual/circulars has been taken including filing of cases u/s 138 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, filing of civil/criminal cases etc including cases under SARFAESI Act.
7. Compliance of requirement of Service Tax Act / Income Tax Act.
8. Certification of security in case of Loan and Balloon payment cases, unused stamp papers etc.
9. Adherence of Hudco Niwas guidelines for finalization of accounts.
10. CA should also verify that the Interest Subsidy for Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) guidelines alongwith Hudco Niwas guidelines are followed in case of Loans extended by HUDCO NIWAS.
11. Verification of compliance of KYC and PML guidelines issued by NHB from time to time in respect of applications for HUDCO NIWAS loans received at RO and furnishing the certificate as prescribed by ED (IA) on monthly basis alongwith duly verified Counterfeit Currency Report (CCR), Cash Transaction Report (CTR) & Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) if any.
12. CA should also verify the Rectification JV/Differential Entry passed by the RO in the Hudco Niwas Accounting System(HORSYS), if any.
HUDCO Public Deposit Schemes
The terms of reference for PDS consists of specified account heads and the responsibility of the CA firm would be to certify all the accounting heads. The scope of work in addition to certification and confirmation may include the following on monthly basis:
1. Checking of account books
2. Certifying bank reconciliation on monthly basis
3. Certifying periodic statements as per the requirement of Audit/NHB.
4. Certifying all the accounting of audit requirements pertaining to individual deposit/Corporate deposit/any other category of PDS.
5. Certifying outstanding under the PDS with confirmation to opening balances, deposits during the year, redemption made during the year and closing balance outstanding Scheme-wise, Period-wise and Maturity-wise.
6. Certifying the compliances under NHB made from time to time like general provisions regarding repayment of deposits as per PARA 12 of NHB Directions 2010, periodical NHB Return, KYC etc. CA firm should also provide a certificate regarding compliance of NHB norms prescribed under NHB Directions 2010 on monthly basis.
7. Verification of compliance of KYC and PML guidelines issued by NHB from time to time in respect of deposits received at RO under HUDCO’s PDS and furnishing the certificate as prescribed by Principal Officer / ED (IA), on monthly basis.
8. Verification of acceptance of fresh /renewed deposits in latest HUDCO’s Fixed Deposit application Forms.
9. Certifying the PDS accounting heads such as interest on PDS, IABN, brokerage payable/brokerage paid, unclaimed PDS/unclaimed interest on PDS, TDS payable, PDS receipt control interest under various schemes, LA PDS/interest on LA PDS/interest accrued on LA PDS, prior period brokerage, prior period interest expenses, any other deferred expenses, stale cheques, any other accounting head added to the PDS accounting during the financial year.
10. Certifying the Cash Flow Statement on quarterly basis.
11. Certifying the interest and brokerage provision at the end of every quarter.
12. Certifying the consolidated Depositor Holder Register (as per NHB Norms) pertaining to Total Deposits outstanding under Hudco Public Deposit Scheme as on 31st March of each year.
13. The certification of PDS related accounting needs due to decentralization of PDS Accounting entries during the financial year 2016-2017.
14. Certification in respect of timely transfer of all the unclaimed deposits and interest amount which are due for transfer to IEPF account in compliance of section 125 of Companies Act 2013.
15. Verifying that the renewal of deposits received under Hudco Public Deposit Scheme are as per guidelines of HUDCO Public Deposit Scheme .i.e. the renewal of deposit with retrospective effect is permitted provided fresh application in prescribed form is submitted within a period of one month after the date of maturity of the deposit”.
16. Certification of TDS matters as follows :
i. Form-15-H/15-G received from depositors are deposited with Income Tax department through online mode by 7th of succeeding month.
ii. Tax deducted at source against interest on deposits and brokerage paid on deposits is deposited with Income Tax department by 7th of succeeding month.
iii. TDS on interest and brokerage payment is deducted at appropriate rates as applicable for that financial year.
iv. The section under which TDS is deducted against interest on deposits i.e. section 194A and the section under which TDS is deducted against brokerage paid on deposits i.e. section 194H is correctly filled up in the TDS challans deposited with I.T. department.
v. The details of Assessment Year is correctly filled up in challans deposited with I.T. department.
vi. Facilitation in preparation of quarterly TDS Returns and uploading of the same with the NSDL for every quarter by 15th of the month succeeding the quarter incorporating the details of total taxable interest viz details of Form 15-H /15-G and exemption certificates submitted by the depositors.
vii. To advise and to assist in all TDS related issues pertaining to Public Deposit Schemes.
viii.To verify the segregation of all the expenses heads in regard to deductibility / non-deductibility of TDS.
ix. Facilitation in downloading of all TDS certificates from NSDL and verifying the same.
x. To attend to all communications, notices of the Tax Authorities and to appear on all hearings before Tax Authorities.
xi. Filing of correction statement/Rectification of TDS Returns already filed, if required
xii. Other Tax related issues consequent to amendments in Income Tax Act.