Latest DGFT / FTP News
Checkout all the latest news on DGFT and DGFT notifications at Taxguru.in. Read DGFT articles and DGFT news on our website which is updated regularly.
The DGFT (Directorate General of foreign Trade) is the agency under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India which governs the execution of policies related to import and export in the country. Till 1991 it was known as CCI&E (Chief Controller of Imports & Exports). It plays a very significant role in developing trading relations with several other nations and therefore assists in enhancing not just economic growth but also offers impetus required by the trade industry. To promote exports and imports, DGFT has established several of its regional offices throughout the country.
Some of the important functions of DGFT can be summed up as below:
- DGFT is entrusted with the responsibility to implement several policies on trade, for instance, the Foreign Trade Policy.
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade is the licensing authority for licensing the importers, exporters, and import and export business.
- DGFT could restrict, prohibit and regulate imports and exports.
- DGFT has a significant role in issuing Public Notices, Notifications, Circulars, etc.
- DGFT grants ten digit Importer Exporter Code (IEC) that are the primary requirement for Importing and Exporting activities
- DGFT launches several schemes time to time about trade benefits across the country.
- DGFT has launched the ITC (HS CODE) Schedule-1 for import goods and Schedule-2 for Export goods.
At Taxguru, we bring you all the latest news on DGFT and DGFT notifications. Find out all the recent DGFT news here. We publish regular DGFT articles for our viewers at regular intervals. We keep updating our site regularly with all the latest and relevant DGFT news so that our viewers can stay informed with all the import-export related information at all times. Stay with us for more on latest DGFT news here at Taxguru.